Do the Olympics get you inspired?
Do you, or did you ever think you might have what it takes to be a Gold Medal winner? Or do you think that the athletes are some type of anomaly, special creation, or just lucky?
What does it take to be the best, beat out everyone in your field, outshine the competition, keep the title, and perform at 110% each and every time?
We all have it inside of us: drive, passion, skill, talent, excitement, obsession, you may even call it ATTITUDE. No matter what you name it, it has life, and the potential to make you do something!
Take that initiative and go for it!
The following are common characteristics of successful people - from athletes, to business moguls:
- FOCUS - laser vision on the goal - direct line from point A to Winning!
- CONFIDENCE- setting realistic goals that you know you are capable of
- DETERMINATION - having the will to keep forward motion, striving for success
- TENACITY - getting on the path every day, and never wavering from the plan
- NO EXCUSES - be accountable. Problem solve and do not create obstacles
- CONSISTENCY- EVERY day and EVERY action has the same purpose..to Reach the Goal
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE - looking ahead with excitement, seeing each step as a new day & having pride in your progress
- PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT- Read it, Learn it, Live it, Love it, over and over, and over until it can be done in your sleep, and without question - perfecting each step along the way
Having a visual word, phrase, list, etc that is accessible in many places will re-enforce the plan.
Take time to be concise in the goal setting and planning.
Make action steps into a checklist.
Whenever any negative feeling comes knocking, STOP IMMEDIATELY and go to the list - see your progress, and look ahead to the next step, and start moving in that direction.
So ask yourself, do you have a goal, do you have a plan, do you have a reason to be better than mediocre?
Yes you DO!
GO FOR IT - your GOLD MEDAL is just a plan away!
The word of the day:
cathect \ kuh-THEKT \ , verb;
To invest emotion or feeling in an idea, object, or another person.
Use this word in a sentence today when talking about your plan.