Sunday, August 18, 2013

What are you afraid of?

When I was young I wanted to jump off a high diving board.  So I got in line and started up the stairs.  At each step, I started to realize that I'd be falling 10x faster on the way down, and going further than where I started.  Well I let fear take over, and talked myself into a panic.  By the time I reached the top, and it was my turn to just step off, I froze.  I looked down and didn't even recognize the ant looking sized movement as people!  There was no way I was going to survive this - even though thousands have gone before me, and the 5 I was behind were already making their way back to the stairs.  I KNEW with all my heart that I would DIE if I jumped.  So.. a few "excuse me, excuse me, coming through"'s and I was back to the stairs making everyone shift to the side and look at me with furrowed brows and snickers as I descended to safety. I did resist the urge to kiss the concrete when I got there, my legs were just too shaky to stop.
I didn't even feel embarrassed, only fear for those continuing to jump - they were just "defying" gravity and logic!  It was only a matter of time before there would be a tragedy, was all I could think.  All this at the age of 11!

I had let FEAR - (False Evidence Appearing Real) take over my thoughts, logic, and visual evidence.  It made me Forget Everything And Run (FEAR).

How often do we do this?  Daily, weekly, and with what? Our choices with money, time and family, jobs, friends, business?

I still am not a fan of jumping off into the deep end LITERALLY, but figuratively it works!  Take a chance, stick your neck out-be proud of going for it.

Do something RIGHT NOW - this instant - to challenge your limits - a baby step out of the comfort zone is all you need.

Write down your goal and look at it every day - what you think, dream, and talk about will become a plan of action, and then your reality.

Make a good choice and have (FEAR) FAITH ENERGY ACTION & RELEVANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment